2016 Successes: We are so grateful to everyone who has played a role in our success this year. We have accomplished so much, and it would not have been possible without the unending help of our supporters. Together we look forward to another year of bringing hope to the children of Haiti.
- A thriving sponsorship program supported by consistent and devoted sponsors in the U.S. who provide rice, beans, beds, and financial assistance for rent, medical needs, or home repairs to their sponsor children. As well as the many visits this year from our sponsors strengthening the connection shared between our families.
- Pastor Moleus, along with all the staff, have helped students understand the value of attending church and the value of having a relationship with Him.
- All of the Life Connection Mission school programs (IEEM and college prep) are fully operated by Haitians with little assistance from the U.S.
- Five students are currently enrolled in the University of the People. These students are taking on-line college courses hoping to earn an Associates or Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or General Education. Three additional students will begin in the next month.
- Construction of a three homes for members of our community following Hurricane Matthew's devastation.
- Nurse Rebecca and Dr. Clifford, with volunteers from the U.S. supporting them, treated approximately 10,000 patients at the LCM clinic.
- Another wonderful Christmas! Providing every family with a bag of rice and every child with a gift or bookbag, thank you!
- Another successful Summer Camp giving our children continuing education/tutoring throughout the summer, daily meal, and of course, fun!
- Ground breaking of the vocational school
- Immediate response following Hurricane Matthew within our community and neighboring communities suffering the greatest impact; including feeding programs, distribution of hygiene supplies, clothing, medical assistance, and rebuilding projects.
- Continuous generous donations, fundraisers, prayers, and support from across the country to allow for Life Connection Mission's long term sustainability and growth in Montrouis.
Goals for 2017: By striving for these goals and many more we will continue to provide education, medical assistance, ministry and other outreach in our efforts to give our Haitian brothers and sisters the opportunity for a better life.
- First and foremost, we will prayerfully consider how God is leading our mission in Haiti. We will continue to strive to connect each individual’s talents and gifts to best serve Him and His purpose for our mission.
- Installation of solar panels on the school, and additional panels on LCM's mission home and medical clinic
- Increase our number of sponsors for the medical clinic and school. We currently have more than 35 students who need a sponsor to help LCM continue their education, provide them with a daily meal, and two uniforms each year in addition to books and school supplies.
- Create a mobile medical clinic to serve those in need in the mountains and beyond the community of Montrouis.
- Offer technical trade classes for those students who are not on a college track, so that there are greater options for our students to their own create successful lives.
- Support the growth of the information technology center where our students can learn critical computer and other technology-based skills.
- Build a stronger transitional English program from high school to college by offering ESL classes.
- Construction of another home for a member of our community.
- Create connections for job opportunities in Haiti for our college students graduating with A.A or B.A. degrees.
- Maintain our current feeding program and expand to nourish families beyond our school and church communities.
- Work with an architect who will consider the current buildings and help design future construction projects to incorporate all the growing needs of the school, higher education program, trade school, and clinic.
- Additional construction on LCM's mission house property to accommodate larger mission teams.
- Installation of ceiling fans on every classroom
- Continue enhancing the lives of Montrouis' residents by maintaining and creating new partnerships with churches, schools, and other organizations in the United States.
"Li se pi plis pase benediksyon bay resevwa."
"It is more blessed to give than to receive."