2017 Successes: We are so grateful to everyone who has played a role in our success this year. We have accomplished so much, and it would not have been possible without the unending help of our supporters. Together we look forward to another year of bringing hope to the children of Haiti.
- All of our 9th grade students passed the Government Exam. This continues to be a huge accomplishment! We reflect on the past. Even in 2014, only half of the 9th grade students passed. Congratulations to our teachers and students! Three students are currently enrolled in the University of the People.
- These students are taking on-line college courses hoping to earn an Associates or Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or General Education. Twelve students are currently enrolled in the College Prep program. These students are focused on furthering their understanding of computer skills and knowledge of English.
- Construction of three homes in our community.
- Another wonderful Christmas! Providing every family with a bag of rice and every child with a gift/backpack.
- Another successful Summer Camp- giving our children continuing education/tutoring throughout the summer, daily meal, and of course, fun!
- Building a thriving sponsorship program supported by our students’ devoted sponsors in the U.S. In addition to funding a valuable education, our sponsors have provided rice, beans, beds, financial assistance, home repairs, and more to their sponsor children. Many also made visits to Haiti last year to strengthen the connection shared between our families.
- Pastor Moleus, along with all the staff, have helped students understand the value of attending church and the value of having a relationship with Him.
- All of the Life Connection Mission school programs (IEEM and college prep) are fully operated by Haitians with little assistance from the U.S.
- Nurse Rebecca and Dr. Max, with volunteers from the U.S. supporting them, treated approximately 10,000 patients at the LCM clinic.
- Ground breaking and 50% complete for a new and significantly larger medical clinic.
- Construction 75% complete on the St. Joseph’s Vocation School- hoping to open in September 2018.
- Construction of school kitchen allowing 500 meals prepared daily in a far more efficient way and better working conditions for our cooks.
- Continuous generous donations, fundraisers, prayers, and support from across the country to allow for Life Connection Mission's long term sustainability and growth in Montrouis.
Goals for 2018: By striving for these goals and many more we will continue to provide education, medical assistance, ministry and other outreach in our efforts to give our Haitian brothers and sisters the opportunity for a better life.
- First and foremost, we will prayerfully consider how God is leading our mission in Haiti. We will continue to strive to connect each individual’s talents and gifts to best serve Him and His purpose for our mission.
- Increase our number of sponsors for the medical clinic and school. We currently only have 12 students (the fewest number in LCM’s history who do not have a sponsor). Please help us find those 12 children a sponsor before we enroll our next class of preschool students.
- Construction of at least one home in the community.
- God providing, open the St. Joseph Vocation School in September. This will provide professional trade skills allowing students to gain employment as electricians, plumbers, seamstresses, mechanics, masons, and carpenters.
- God providing, complete construction of a larger medical clinic. Providing more expansive medical services, larger pharmacy, 3 private exam rooms, and a more efficient patient intake data system.
- Improved electricity in all classrooms at the mission school. Providing lights, fans, and technology to support student learning.
- Expansion of the student computer center. LCM hopes to offer on-line computer education not only to more of our school students, but also to more members of the community.
- Continue enhancing the lives of Montrouis' residents by maintaining and creating new partnerships with churches, schools, and other organizations in the United States.
"Li se pi plis pase benediksyon bay resevwa."
"It is more blessed to give than to receive."